Sugarland Elementary Physical Education.
The purpose of physical education is to help students acquire the knowledge, processes, and skills needed to engage in meaningful physical activity both in the present and for a lifetime. The process of participating regularly in a physically active lifestyle will lead to personal enjoyment, challenge, satisfaction, and a health-enhancing level of personal fitness. As a result of physical education instruction, the student will be able to do the following:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in all fundamental movement skills and patterns and competence in several specialized movement forms. (Skilled Movement)
2. Apply movement principles and concepts to learning and developing motor skills and specialized movement forms. (Movement Principles and Concepts)
3. Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of personal fitness.
4. Demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviors in physical activity settings. (Responsible Behaviors)
5. Demonstrate a physically active lifestyle, including activity within and outside of the physical education setting. (Physically Active Lifestyle)