Welcome to music at Newton-Lee Elementary School!
Mrs. Moseley and Ms. Davis are our music teachers. All classes in grades 1-5 have music for two thirty-minute sessions per week.
The Loudoun County elementary music curriculum consists of a well-planned sequence of developmentally appropriate experiences leading to clearly defined skills and knowledge. The program is designed to actively involve students of all learning modalities using materials carefully selected for their aesthetic value. The Loudoun County curriculum is aligned with the National Standards for Arts Education.
- Singing a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on Instruments
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments
- Composing and arranging music with specific guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Evaluating music and music performances
- Understanding relationships between music, the arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture