The Lowes Island Counselors
Mrs. Domingues & Mrs. Johnson
Who we are
Jennifer Domingues is a School Counselor at Lowes Island five days a week.
She works with:
Kindergarten, First Grade
Fourth Grade & Fifth Grade
To email Mrs. Domingues: Jennifer.Domingues@lcps.org
Fran Johnson is a School Counselor at Lowes Island two days a week (Tuesdays & Wednesdays).
She works with:
Second Grade & Third Grade
To email Mrs. Johnson: Fran.Johnson@lcps.org
What is a School Counselor?
School Counselors are certified/licensed educators with a minimum of a master's degree in school counseling. They address all students' academic, personal/social, and career development needs by designing, implementing, evaluating and enhancing a comprehensive school counseling program that enhances student success.
School Counselors work alongside students, parents, teachers, and administration to help students be successful, responsible, and contributing members of the community.
What do School Counselors do?
- Teach weekly classroom guidance lessons (see list of topics by clicking Character Calender on left)
- Facilitate counseling groups that meet for approximately 4 to 8 weeks
- Conduct limited, short-term individual counseling
- Consult with parents and staff to best meet the needs of students
- Assist in deescalating school crisis and conflicts
- Provide a safe environment that respects and values differences
- Refer family members to community/county resources
When to contact a School Counselor?
If you feel that your child is experiencing difficulty at home or at school regarding, social skills, family changes, academic achievement, and/or transitioning it may be beneficial to contact your child's school counselor.