1. What are the clinic hours?
There is a Health Aide in the clinic daily from 7:30-3:30
2. May children bring medication to school for use during the day?
Loudoun County School Board policy requires a parent or guardian must bring medication to the nurse, health aide, or designee. Students are not permitted to transport any medication (prescription or non-prescription) to or from school.
Health clinics in Loudoun County Public Schools are committed to caring for many students' health needs. Parents/Guardian are advised to give medications at home whenever possible. If it is necessary that a medication be given during school hours, the following must be followed:
Medication must be brought to school in the original container with appropriate label intact.
Parent/guardian must bring medication to the nurse, health aide, or designee. Medication will be kept in a locked medicine area of the clinic.
* The Nurse/Health Aide must have written instructions from the physician in order to administer prescription medications. These should include
* Student's name
* Name and purpose of medicine
* Dosage and time of administration
* Possible side effects and measures to take if those occur
* End date for administering the medication
* Parent signature gives permission to administer medicine and to contact physician if necessary
* Physician's signature
* Must be in an original package with the name of the medicine and instructions.
* Must have a signed and dated note or form H6 from the parent regarding when and how much medicine to administer
* Will be given according to the amount listed on the package for your child's age and weight unless the doctor's orders on a medication form indicate differently.
* Be sure to keep the emergency contact phone numbers and information up-to-date so that we can reach you if child is ill or injured.
3. If I fill out a medication form for my child to take medication form at school for the school year, do I need to fill out another for the next school year?
... a few reminders about medication in school...
* Students are not permitted to carry medication to school, prescription or non-prescription.