Hamilton Elementary ~ Evening of the Arts
"Let your Imagination Fly"
Wednesday November 18th
6:00pm - 7:30pm
Join us to admire students' artwork,
enjoy musical performances by 3rd, 4th and 5th grade, and celebrate our artists!
Light refreshments will be served.
* Evening Program * (coming soon)
Reflections is a nationwide PTA Art Contest that inspires students across the country to ‘reflect’ on a theme
and create a piece of art related to the theme.
This year's theme is "Let Your Imagination Fly".
What would happen if you let your imagination fly??
EVERYONE IS PARTICIPATING!
All students (grades 1-5) will be creating 'visual arts' artwork in class with Mrs. Beach.
Art work they have created in class, based on this year's theme will be on display at the evening of the arts.
YOUR STUDENT CAN ALSO ENTER WORK CREATED AT HOME!
Students (K-5) are also invited to create and enter artwork that they have created at home - in addition to the work they are creating in class.
Artwork created at home should also reflect the theme "Let Your Imagination Fly".
IS THE 3rd-5th GRADE MUSICAL PERFORMANCE ALSO PART OF THE CONTEST?
No, the 3rd-5th musical performance, led by Mrs Geiger, is not being judged or entered in the contest.
It is just for parents, friends and families to enjoy as part of our 'Evening of the Arts Celebration'!
Students in 3rd-5th grade should return their participation form to Mrs Geiger as soon as possible.
Students will be asked to report to the music room at 6:15 to prepare for their performance at start at 6:30.
HOW DOES MY STUDENT ENTER WORK CREATED AT HOME?
Entries created at home can be IN ANY OF THE 6 CATEGORIES!
All entries should be turned in to Mrs Beach by November 9th and should include a completed Student Entry Form.
Please review the detailed rules and guidelines (listed below) for each of the art forms included in the contest.
RULES & GUIDELINES - TO REFERENCE FOR ENTRIES AT HOME
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the theme may be submitted.
- Each entry must be the
original work of one student only.
An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work.
Because the program is designed to encourage and recognize each student’s
individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other
students is not allowed except in the Special Artist Division.
- Only one student may be recognized as
the award recipient for each entry.
Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but
the work itself must be the creative product of one student only. See the specific Arts Category Rules
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for
background music in dance choreography and film production entries when cited.
will be judged on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to
portray the theme, originality and creativity
JUDGING & Grade Division
- All Entires (from class and home) will be judged by local artists and on display at our Evening of the Arts.
- Information about our Local Artists is coming soon!
- Judging will be for three Grade Divisions (Special Artist, PreK-2nd, 3rd-5th).
- Winners from the three Grade Divisions will have their entry move-on to the District and State PTA Reflections Art Contest.
- Click here to see the Judge's Rubric
- Information about the Special Artist Division and special artist rules
EXAMPLES & INSPIRATION