Preschool @ the Woods
Registration for the 2014-2015 School year is now closed!!!!! At this time all spaces have been filled for the fall start of preschool. If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please e-mail Christy Hendrickson at email@example.com
Welcome to Briar Woods High School’s very own preschool, taught by Early Childhood Education I & II students! We function as a lab school to prepare preschoolers for kindergarten – we are NOT a day care facility. Our high school students prepare lesson plans and carry out activities to help your child expand physical, intellectual, and social/emotional developmental skills. For preschoolers who will attend kindergarten the following year, we teach very specific concepts that are needed for kindergarten, and carry out assessments during the year to see where each child stands.
We are excited about providing your child with almost six hours of directed activities each week, October through May. We are fortunate to be able to offer 3 sessions this year. AM will be from 9:15-11:45 and PM will be from 1:00-3:30. Each session will have a maximum class size of 20 children.
Briar Woods High operates on an alternating day block schedule. Each week your children will attend Preschool at the Woods two days per week. We will not have preschool on Fridays.
When appropriate, field trips may be planned. Parent volunteers will be needed for field trips.
- Please make sure your child is well rested before arriving at the Preschool at the Woods.
- The Woods will not dispense medications.
- An up-to-date immunization record is required, as well as medical and insurance information.
- All the Woods preschoolers must be self-toileting. If a “potty” accident occurs, you will be called to pick up your child.
- A snack will be provided. If your child has multiple food allergies, you may want to provide appropriate snacks on your own.
- If your child is not feeling well, please allow him/her to stay at home.
- When Loudoun County Public Schools are closed, the Woods will be closed. The Woods will be closed during semester exams in January.
Email is the best means of communication.
For questions or information please contact Diane Breinig firstname.lastname@example.org or Christy Hendrickson email@example.com