(From left to right: Ms. Alcorn, Ms. Alberth, Mr. Allen, and Ms. Bryan)
2013 - 2014 Stone Hill Middle School
School Counseling* Department
Welcome to the Guidance page for Stone Hill Middle School. We are here to provide support in the areas of academic, personal/social, and career development.
The middle school guidance and counseling program is designed to assist students during the sixth through eighth grade transitional period. Counselors play an integral part in the education of all students by focusing on academic, personal and career developmental tasks. Our focus as school counselors is to support students throughout the school day. Counselors work with students individually, in small groups and in the classroom.
A primary goal is to help each student become a responsible, self-directed individual, able to make adequate personal decisions. Reaching this goal is not a singular effort. It involves consultation by the counselor with students, teachers, parents, administrators and educational specialists.
*Please be aware that there has been a name change in the designation for Guidance Counselors. The new title of School Counselor more accurately reflects the wide range of services provided. These services include but are not limited to:
- academic and vocational counseling
- long range academic planning, individual
- Small group counseling that address social-emotional issues that impact learning
- Assisting in the implementation of efforts to address safe school initiatives (PBIS, Safe School Ambassadors, & Peer Helpers)
- Support and provide information for parents Collaborate with other school professionals to enhance student opportunities for volunteer activities & scholarship competitions
- Interact with community groups and agencies to promote awareness of school initiatives and needs
- Support for teachers, administrators, students, and families
Point of contact in the school for students who are experiencing difficulties outside of school including housing and personal safety
The change to School Counselor reflects the current terminology being used by the Virginia Department of Education Office of Licensure.
If you need to contact your child's counselor please feel free to do so at the e-mail address listed below or at (703) 957-4420.
6th Grade Counselor, Lead Counselor
Barracuda Team and Dolphin Team
6th Grade Counselor
Piranha Team and Marlin Team
7th Grade Counselor
8th Grade Counselor
School Social Worker