Today is Friday, May 17, 2013, an A Day!
- Today's artwork for the Moment of Silence was created by Kate McCarthy.
- The 8th grade English department is sponsoring a cover art contest for their literary magazine. The name of the magazine is Sting and the name must be featured as part of the design. Submit your designs to your English teacher by May 17th. The winner will receive a prize! Thanks!
- Remember SOL testing! Be sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before, eat a nutritious breakfast the morning of, and bring a pencil and a good book!
- Spectrum is selling pencils… Come on down to the locker areas in the morning to get yours for $.25.
· Attention all 7th grade web leaders: a reminder that you will have your web play day on Monday, May 24th. At 12:30, report to the auxiliary gym. Lunch will be provided for you, but be sure and dress to be active. See you then!
- Remember our very own Mercy, Maisie, and Hailey are leading out the 2013 Marine Corp Marathon in October! Help them on their journey by considering donating 26 cents for their 26 miles. Donation jars are in every House office and the Main Office. Ooh-Rah!!!
· The German students at Harmony are selling Lederhosen t-shirts to raise money for their German club. The t-shirts are $10. Stop by H-1 and see Frau Lenz if you are interested! 6th graders can by a t-shirt and rock it next year in German class! Danke!
- Remember to buy your yearbook on the harmony website. The cut-off date is May 25th, so don't wait until the last minute!
- Remember to to show your support OF YOUR TALENTED PEERS and see the Harmony students’ artwork displayed at the Franklin Park Performing and Visual Arts Center in Purcellville –The show will only be up in the main space at Franklin Park Art Center until May 24th.
· Attention all 7th and 8th grade students: If you are interested in trying out for the Woodgrove color guard, remember today is the last day to go to Woodgrove High School at 4:30-5:30 PM to try out.
· AND remember to write down your great idea on a piece of paper, include your homeroom and locker number and drop it in the SCA suggestion box!
Have a fabulous Friday!