Participation and Grading Policy
· Grades 1-5 will meet with the PE Specialists 3 times a week and 2 times a week with their classroom teacher.
· Students are expected to dress in appropriate, comfortable clothes and wear proper athletic shoes for safe participation. The following clothing items are NOT appropriate for PE:
1. Flip-flops, sandals or Crocs
2. Boots, dress shoes, Heelys
3. Skirts & dresses (must have shorts underneath)
· In the event participation is limited due to a medical condition, please notify the PE Specialist in writing. After three consecutive days of missed PE, a medical note is required. We encourage medical excuses include both what the child may and may not do and when they can return to regular physical activity.
· If a child must sit out of PE due to a prolonged injury or illness the child will be required to complete a physical education related assignment during that PE class.
· Students will be receiving 2 different grades in Physical Education.
1) Demonstrates skills and content taught
2) Participates with appropriate behavior/level of participation
· Under these categories your child will possibly receive a:
4 = Exceeds standard
3 = Meets standard
2 = Progressing
1 = Below standard
5 component of Fitness
Food Guide Plate
Healthy Heart Activities
Striking w/ Feet
Throwing & Catching
Jumping & Landing/Jump Rope
Striking w/ short handled Implements
Striking w/ long handled implements
Ball Handling Skills
Dance and Rhythms
Striking w/ hands
Tumbling & Gymnastics
Rolling & Sliding rounded objects