Are You a Senior...
- thinking about college, but confused by the process?
- planning to complete a bachelor's degree?
- thinking about starting at NOVA and then transferring to George Mason (GMU) or another 4-yr university?
Pathway to the Baccalaureate could be a Great Idea for you!
Pathways Benefits in High School:
- Individual Meetings with Pathway counselors on college transition issues, including choosing a major and a career.
- Workshops on the application process and preparation for placement tests
- Assistance applying for and processing financial aid, scholarships, and NOVA payment plan
- Early placement testing and priority course registration for your first semester at NOVA
- Pathway activities/events at NOVA and George Mason University
Pathway Benefits at NOVA:
- Continued academic and career counseling by a Pathway counselor
- Guaranteed admission to GMU for participants who satisfy Pathway Program GAA requirements
- Special Pathway Sections of your College Success Skills classes
- The opportunity in your second year to enroll in classes at GMU
- Regular academic and social activities and early access to activities and athletic events at GMU
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Rising or current seniors at a participating public high school who:
- will graduate no later than August
- plan to earn a bachelor's degree
- have a strong desire for academic success
** No minimum GPA required to apply! Students currently participating in other college access programs are strongly encouraged to apply!
For more information, please visit the Pathway website at www.nvcc.edu/pathway
. For an application, see Mrs. Jacobson in the Career Center.