Welcome to the Steuart Weller
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Our PTO consists of parents, teachers, and administrators, all working together to provide our SWES students with fun and exciting programs throughout the school year, creating memories that will last for a lifetime. This is the perfect way for you to get involved in your child’s education and elementary school experience.
The mission of the Steuart Weller PTO is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Why join the PTO?
As a member of the PTO, you have the opportunity to suggest, plan, organize and support educational and recreational activities, which provide great experiences for our children, as well as enhance our school. We hold monthly meetings throughout the school year and, as a member, you have a say in current PTO programs that are being planned.
What do we do?
The SWES PTO organizes many programs and provides support for various school projects, including:
· School Support – Provides funds to teachers for classroom supplies, assists in Play 60 events, manages grocery store cards and box tops program, raises funds for the playground, school beautification, and additional technology needs, manages the After School Activities Program, produces the Student Directory
· Staff Support – Sponsors Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week and quarterly Teacher/Staff Luncheons
· Community Outreach – Forms partnerships with local businesses and coordinates restaurant nights
· Special Events – Organizes the Back to School Picnic, Spooky Bingo, Movie Night, Winter Carnival, the Talent Show, Turkey Trot and Shamrock Fun Run
· Spirit Wear – Designs, orders and sells shirts, sweatshirts, magnets, etc.
· Other - Provides support for Odyssey of the Mind, Watch Dog Dads, book fairs, picture day, the TEACH program, the LEAP program, dental screenings, hearing and vision screenings, the annual drama production, field days, International Week and the 5th Grade promotion
The SWES PTO is a GREAT way to get involved in your child’s education and elementary school experience. Sign up today and make a difference in your child’s life.
2013-2014 Weller PTO Board
Ali Johnson – Vice President
Nancy Fuller – Treasurer
Natalia Nunno - Secretary
Check out our website at www.lcps.org/weller