AOS APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2015-2016
Part I of the AOS Application for Admission will be posted on our website on MONDAY AUGUST 3rd, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. Please read the following information carefully concerning the application process.
· In Part I you will provide your personal information as well as the names of your school counselor, and your math and science teachers. Please do not complete the application until you know the names of your counselor and your teachers
· Part I of the AOS Application for Admission must be submitted no later than THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8th, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. Absolutely no applications will be accepted after the posted deadline.
· Part I of the AOS Application will include a link to the SAT registration site. Applicants are encouraged to use the link that will be provided to register and pay for the SAT which will be administered on November 7th at the AOS test site at Dominion High School.
o You will be unable to register for the SAT until the information is posted on our website on MONDAY AUGUST 3rd.
o The test center number for the AOS test site at Dominion High School will be provided in the application materials.
o This test center is limited to AOS APPLICANTS ONLY.
o The cost for the SAT with Writing is $54.50. The writing section is not optional for the November test date.
o The deadline to register for the November 7th SAT without paying a late fee is OCTOBER 9th at 11:59 p.m. The late fee is $28.00.
o Students under the age of 13 must complete a paper-and-pencil registration form; we will post a notice on our website when these forms are available. LCPS students should obtain this form from your middle school counselor. Private and homeschooled students should contact the AOS office for this form.
· Applicants will also take the California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory on Saturday November 7th following the SAT. There is a $12 fee for the CCTDI test, which can be paid through the LCPS Parent Payment Portal or by sending a check to the Middle School bookkeeper. Part I will include information directing applicants to the LCPS Payment Portal for those who wish to make this payment online.
o Please note that the completion and submission of Part I of the AOS Application is a separate process from paying the test fee; both steps must be completed.
· All applicants must, at the time of application, live with a parent or guardian who resides full-time in Loudoun County.
· The following items MUST be completed by the stated deadlines in order for an student’s Part I AOS Application to be considered complete:
o Part I of the Application must be submitted no later than THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8th, 2015, at 11:59 p.m
o Students must make a payment of $12.00 to cover the cost of the CCTDI test. This payment may be made on the LCPS Payment Portal or by check to the middle school bookkeeper.
o Student must register for the November 7th SAT at the AOS Test Center at Dominion High School.
Please check back to this page on August 3rd for release of the application and additional instructions.