Language Arts Class Guidelines
Please read and discuss these guidelines with your parents. You and your parents should sign this paper and return it to me tomorrow. This paper will be kept in your language arts and reading section of your binder throughout the school year. We will have a great year if we all work together.
1. DISCIPLINE YOURSELF! (So I won’t have to!)
2. BRING A BOOK TO READ EVERY DAY.
3. Come prepared to learn.
4. Write with a pencil or a blue or black pen only.
5. A proper heading is required on all papers.
6. Write in legible handwriting. Papers that are illegible or dirty will be returned to you to be recopied. Beginning the second quarter, points will be deducted from papers with no name or no date.
7. No gum or candy is allowed in Trekker classrooms.
8. Homework is posted on the whiteboard and on the class website. If you do not have your homework when it is due, you must write the reason you do not have your assignment on loose-leaf paper, with a heading, and turn this is with the rest of the students' papers. The assignment should be under the rock the next class period.
9. When you return from an absence, pick up your assignments from the bulletin board. If there is nothing there for you, see me personally and ask.
10. Our regular library day will be every other Wednesday. I will also be scheduling additional days. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STOP AT YOUR LOCKER ON THE WAY TO THE LIBRARY.
11. Supplies needed: a section of your main notebook labeled Language Arts; one spiral notebook or composition book to be used as a journal; a two-pocket folders with prongs; lots of paper, pens and pencils.
KEEP THIS PAPER IN YOUR ENGLISH SECTION OF YOUR NOTEBOOK ALL YEAR.